Friday, December 18, 2009

GETTING TO KNOW . . . . . SCRANGIE

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

SCRANGIE
Who doesn't already know about this wonderful blog? Not many in the nail polish world, anyway. Well below you just might find out a few things you didn't know about Scrangie, the lady behind the nails. Enjoy!


1. How or why did you start your blog?
I started my blog because none of my friends wanted to hear me ramble on about makeup. I've always been totally obsessed with beauty products of all types and I wanted an outlet to talk about the things I liked and didn't like and to talk to other people who liked the same things.

2. How did you come up with the name for your blog?
You know, I'm not sure my blog even has a name. Haha! It's just my name- Scrangie. Creative, right? One of these days I should name it.

3. How many bottles of NP do you own?
I have never actually counted. I can really only estimate... I'd have to say over 3,000. But based on how many pictures I've taken compared to how many polishes I've not photographed, it may be even more than that. What can I say, I like to collect things.

4. How do you store you NP?
I use plastic Sterilite drawer units- the big ones with four large drawers. I have also recently obtained a few 'Helmer' file cabinets from Ikea and I'm thinking of switching over to those because they take up less space. I like the Sterilite ones better because I can find things easier in them and they're sturdier, but they're quite bulky. I also have a few large wall racks and table racks, but I prefer the drawers.

5. What’s the most you have ever paid for a bottle of NP and was it worth it?
Hmm... That's a good question. I think it was Chanel Gold Fiction, $30? No, totally not worth it, but I got sucked in by the hype! It's a gorgeous polish and all, but... It's just gold polish.

6. How much would you say you spend on NP a month?
Enough ;-)

7. How do you feel about fake nails?
I love 'em. I don't personally like to wear them because I find them very uncomfortable and a pain in the rear, but I'm definitely not biased against them. They take a lot of skill and artistry to do right and I have a lot of admiration for all of the super talented nail techs out there. And I love wacky over the top acrylic nail art.

8. If you had to get rid of all your NP and could only keep 5 bottles, which ones would you choose? (It has to NP you already own)
Oh man, this question makes me break out in a cold sweat! This is a really hard one. I'd have to say... Clarins 230, OPI My Private Jet (the original charcoal version!), NARS Zulu and my original bottles of Maybelline Fairy Pretty and Wet n Wild Blackest Green. A combination of color and nostalgia for all of those.

9. Do you Franken your own NP?
I do on occasion. I have a lot of fun doing it, but I always have to buy extra bottles of polish to use for frankenpolish because I don't like dumping out my bottles. I also like to turn MAC pigments into polish by adding them to clear, if that counts as frankening!

10. What is your favorite brand of NP and why?
Oh no... I can't pick a favorite! They all have their advantages and disadvantages. Am I allowed to say 1990's Sally Hansen or Maybelline? Not the Sally Hansen or Maybelline that exist now... But the ones that used to make awesome colorful creative polishes instead of eight million sheer pinks. Otherwise I like China Glaze and Nubar for the colors and creativity, OPI for the brush, Illamasqua and Rescue Beauty Lounge for the formula and Misa, Essie and Zoya for the pretty-looking bottles that fit so nicely on polish racks.

11. What is the best NP advice/tip/trick you have ever gotten?
Quick dry topcoat! It changed my life. I can't imagine not using a quick dry topcoat. I started out on Seche Vite and Poshe, and now I'm trying every other kind I can get my hands on.

12. Do you have a significant other and/or any kids?
Yep- I am married, but no children!

13. What other hobbies do you have?
My next biggest obsession after polish is music. I also enjoy cooking, video games, bird watching and reading.

14. What is your favorite food?
Anything my mom makes! I love mom food, it's the best. Or paprika schnitzel from my favorite restaurant. I don't think I can pick one favorite. My tastes change with my mood, just like with polish!

15. If you could spend a day with anyone, who would it be and why?
Oliver Riedel and... no comment. Heh.

16. What is something about you that most people don’t know?
Ooh, I have to think about this one... Does being left-handed count? No? How about... I have telephone phobia. The telephone freaks me out. I can't talk on it... I can't answer it... When it rings, I panic! If I have to call somewhere to do something, it'll go un-done forever. My cell phone plan has the lowest number of minutes I could get and you would not believe how many rollover minutes I have... haha!

8 comments:

Antonea said...

The telephone?! haha thats funny. :P

I wish i could go through your collection. It would be my wonderland.

And i think i'll be getting my first Helmer soon too

Colette said...

I love this series! It's so fun to learn more about everyone.

I have kind of a phone-phobia too, I hate even when I have to change my voicemail at work every morning - and I don't even own a cell! Of course, that also has to do with the fact I would have no one to call with it LOL.

Unknown said...

you know what? i think there is a nail polish fanatic gene. because so much of what i read about Scrangie and you miss Brooke and lots of the other bloggers i find SOOO true about myself! we must be clones of some type. i will discover the gene and become rich and famous. then i will buy more polish :D

thanks for posting this!

poshnail said...

I don't believe Scrangie!
I imagined her talking on the phone all of the time!
I thought she couldn't live without her cellphone!
That is interesting!

Zaz said...

Thanks for posting this, I love getting to know everybody better. :)

By the way, I have this phobia too! I thought I was the only one! :P

Anonymous said...

Great interview Brooke! I love learning more about Scrangie. She's very kick-ass, as are you for introducing us more to these wonderful fellow polish lovers!

Lucy said...

I have the same kind of phone phobia. I don't like the phone at all. I have a cell phone but I don't use it. I love to collect polish also. I don't have the amount Scrangie has but I'm getting there. I think we have that polish gene. I love getting to know about Scrangie.

Olga said...

I like Scrangie's blog very much, the pics are great and her comments are very informative. Thanks Brooke! oh and how ladylike is Miss Dinky crossing her little legs like that..how prim and proper.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org