Friday, October 16, 2009

SWATCHES - BARRY M & HOT TOPIC

Good morning all!! I have a short day here at work, so I don't have much time to do many posts. I have a few swatches for you all, and yesterday's NOTD. Later I will post today's NOTD. I have a couple of Hot Topic polishes and a couple of my Barry M's that I won a few weeks ago.


HOT TOPIC - PINK GLITTER 3 COATS
This is a sheer, jellyish pink with lots of glitter in it. The glitter mostly flashes blue which makes this color really cool. As usual with these, they are difficult to handle due to the useless handles on the brushes. Also this was thick, so paired with the bad brush application on this isn't perfect.






HOT TOPIC - HOLOGRAPHIC SILVER SHRED 4 COATS
This is a clear black base with lots of silver holo shreds in it. This applied much nicer since the formula was much thinner. I was hoping by four coats the base color would have built up a little better, but it didn't. This needs to be used over another base color I think to get maximum joy out of it :)






BARRY M - NAVY BLUE 2 COATS
This applied vary nice, and I just loved this blue color! I have really started to like me some blue polish! Blue is something I wouldn't have bought say, 3 years ago. But now I have two shoe boxes of blue polish now!! Navy Blue is really nice, and is great for those who want a dark blue that doesn't look black.






BARRY M - BRIGHT PURPLE 3 COATS
I wanted to like Bright Purple so bad, and I did, just not on me. This purple has a Strong blue base to it and I think that is what I just didn't like about this one. I did wear this for my NOTD yesterday, but the more I wore it the more I decided I didn't particularly like it on me. Love it in the bottle just not for me I guess!





The 3 pics below are the most color accurate to this shade. You can see how dark the purple is, which is funny since it is named Bright Purple!



13 comments:

Jodes said...

The Barry M colours are so pretty. Especially the purple ones. They really look good on you as well. x

jaljen said...

Excellent quality pix. That Barry M blue is a gem. Blues are either too dark (black) or too teenager.
Loved your spiders btw!!!!!

Stiletto said...

:::rolls eyes:::
GREAT! Now i gotta run my butt over to Hot Topic! thanks alot brooke!
Geesh!
LOL SORRY COULDNT RESIST!

u are Bad for my wallet!
but I still love ya!

clockwork said...

I love the navy blue and the the two Hot Topic shades.

Mary said...

That Silver Shred is incredible! The Barry M's look very pretty on you. Helen has furnished all of mine from this line and I love them. Enjoy the weekend!

Paige said...

Those Barry M's look gorgeous! I love the navy blue one the most!

ThRiSzHa said...

ohhh.. those are pretty shades..

Violet LeBeaux said...

It's such a pity that the Hot Topic pink is terrible, I really like the colour and the blue glitter.

Anonymous said...

That silver shred should be called Roman candle or some other fireworks name. Mom

Lucy said...

Love the Silver Shred! Wonder how it would look over grey? I like the purple polish on you. Both the Barry M's are pretty. I'm looking for a deep navy creme. I have a little mini from Bath & Body Works that I've had for years. I forget the name of it but I wish I could find the same color. I love that ring!

Nina said...

The Barry M Bright Purple is a dead ringer for Revlon Nail Enamel in Plummy!

Jen said...

I have the Navy Barry M and love it! I want bright purple, but see if you can get hold of Vivid Purple as that is the most gorgeous purple ever x

adorepink said...

Both of the Barry M polishes are gorgeous! Love them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org