Thursday, October 1, 2009

DIAMOND COSMETICS - MATTE COLLECTION

Diamond Cosmetics has released four new Matte shades. I was given the opportunity to review these and I must say I was pretty happy with them. They released a black, burgundy, pink and grey.

Let's take a look, shall we? The last pictures of each are shown with a coat of top coat to see what they look like.





MATTE BLACK - 2 coats
This was pretty easy to apply. Matte's do tend to be a little bit on the thicker side, so you do have to apply a little bit more carefully than normal. This was really opaque, using the second coat to smooth it all out and make it look nice.





MATTE BURGUNDY - 2 coats
This color was my favorite of the bunch. This was the hardest one to apply though. I had a hard time controlling the polish with this one for some reason. As you can see in my swatch it got a little messy. Also, something weird happened on my middle finger, it is like there is a big sink hole! I don't know what I did, and I am assuming it was user error since it didn't happen on any of the other fingers. All that said, this was my pick of the four for the best one.





MATTE MULBERRY - 2 coats
I love that they added a bright to this collection. This was my second favorite color. I had no application issues with this one at all. I do think this one might could have used three coats to really smooth it out and thicken it up a little bit.





MATTE SMOKE - 2 coats
I wanted to like this color, but I just didn't. I just am not down with the whole grey trend. This applied nicely just like the others and "matted" up just fine.






All in all I think DC turned out a pretty good Matte collection. I think this would be perfect for someone not sure about mattes, because unlike the matte top coats, you can always continue to use these colors just with a top coat if you don't like the matte effect. These, like most of their polish, sells for only $2! You can order yours direct from Diamond Cosmetics HERE.

DC also has a few sales going on right now, including the whole matte collection. Take a look below - these deals are only good for a limited time!





3 comments:

The Pretty Brown Girl said...

Hey now...these matte polishes would be perfect for me. I've shied away from the matte trend because I just don't like that dry look on my nails. These don't look very dry at all. They have a slight sheen to them that I find attractive. Very nice! I may just have to indulge! ;) Thanks, Brooke!

Paige said...

I love the grey one, I love grey polish!

Lucy said...

The burgundy is also my favorite. Look who's wearing some matte polish. Brooke who doesn't like matte, HA! I haven't bought any of the OPI. But for $2 I will buy these.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org