Wednesday, October 21, 2009

ORANGES GALORE

I decided to do some orange nail polish swatches for you all in the name of Halloween! Enjoy the pic spam :)



NABI - KATE
I have really been impressed with all my Nabi brand nail polishes that I have. This one was no exception. This was a really shimmery peachy orange shade that was a little mature for my taste, but still very pretty.






RIMMEL - POP QUIZ
Pinky finger - one coat Pop Quiz over black.
This Rimmel is just full of flakes!! You really need to enlarge this to see all the flaky buttery layers, lol. It looks a little rough in the pics but it really isn't, I think it is the flakes playing tricks on ya!






PURE ICE - HOT TAMALE
This was one I bought a long time ago but never used. Wowser was this pretty on! I almost kept it on for my NOTD but ended up deciding on another color. This is so pretty and shimmer, not bad for a cheap-o brand.






CHINA GLAZE - BREAKIN
This one I will be comparing to Sinful Colors - Cloud 9 a little later for you all today. This is another shimmery orange. The shimmer is yellow and gives it a really cool look.






NABI - NEON ORANGE
This one would have worked better if I would have done about 2 more coats, but me and the BF were going to watch a movie so I had to get a move on it! This is a squishy shiny jelly. This is just screaming for a Halloween makeover on it I think.






NYX GIRLS - GOLDEN GLITTER
Boy, was I surprised by this one. Such a pretty color. This reminds me of some of those new CG glitters that came out. This is a dark reddish orange jelly base with shimmery glitter suspended in it. Another color I got several months ago (the Las Vegas trip) that I never used. That's two colors that I judged by the outside and not their insides, let that be a lesson to us all. Girls, if you see this polish, get it!






SALLY HANSEN FIRE OPAL - EARTHEN OPAL
How pretty is this? This totally looks like fall to me. This is what I decided on for my NOTD today. Isn't she gorgeous? I wish Sally Hansen would come out with more colors and finishes like this again soon!



5 comments:

Paige said...

I am loving the China Glaze one, it reminds me of orange juice! Yum!

Lacquer Laine said...

Love the oranges!!!! I have a collection of orange pics too I plan to post! Your nails look great!

Nicole said...

Ooh, LOVE orange so much! Thank you for posting these!
I've been curious about Breakin' I think I may need it now, but I'm really curious about the comparison to Cloud 9!
Where do you find Nabi polishes at? That Neon Orange is CUTE!

Lucy said...

Very pretty oranges! My favorite is the Pure Ice. I love how deep the color is. It's really saying I am orange! Your nails look fabulous in all the shades.

Cali369 said...

I'm with the Birthay Girl, Lucy - that Pure Ice is fabbly glowtastic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org