Monday, October 5, 2009

GETTING TO KNOW.....KRONICLES OF A KONADER

I know, it's been awhile since I have done one of these! In the past I have featured mostly people that have had blogs for a while and are pretty well known. But today I want to feature some one that is fairly new to the blogging world. I just think Christy is super amazing. As soon as I found her blog I just loved it. I am always so intrigued by blogs that don't follow the norm, and Christy's certainly doesn't. She isn't your average girl - and I find that so interesting!! If you haven't been by KRONICLES OF A KONADER, then you are missing out. Not to fear, just CLICK THIS LINK and you will magically be transported there :)


Thanks so much for doing this Christy!! You are my blog sister already :)
Look how stinkin' cute she is too!!

Check out her cool necklace and earrings! Her wonderful husband made these!!


1. How or why did you start your blog?

My Mom actually urged me to start a blog. I would always send her links to other blogs I followed showing her cool stuff, and she kept telling me I should really do one. That and I had a whole 15 minutes of free time before passing out from exhaustion at night, so I HAD to find something to use that time for! :)

2. How did you come up with the name for your blog?

I really Love the how cute KonADDICT and KONADomania's blog names are, and wanted something showing that my blog would be Konad-centic, so I was playing with all these names and Kronicles of a Konad-er just popped in my head. I signed up using it before I could change my mind about liking it!


3. How many bottles of NP do you own?

I counted last night! 178. Seems like a TON to me, but I know it's nothing compared to a lot of people.

4. How do you store you NP?

I have 3 Rubbermaid style containers, And I sort the bottles by color. I used to store them by Brand, but found that it just didn't make sense to me. I go looking for a Purple, or a Blue, not a China Glaze or a OPI.

5. What’s the most you have ever paid for a bottle of NP and was it worth it?

Thankfully not much at all, I think $9 for an OPI "My Private Jet". No it was NOT worth it. It's not the holo version, which I couldn't tell in the store, and it's not a charcoal color, its a funky purple-grey-brown.

6. How much would you say you spend on NP a month?

This varies greatly, depending on finances, but I'd say an average of $25.

7. How do you feel about fake nails?

I love 'em! and I have them! My natural nails are just very thin, very weak, and very slow growing. Combine that with the hazards of working on engines and cars, and loading weigh plates on barbells, and it's hostile territory for naturals nails. Acrylics allow me to have longer nails than I could every achieve on my own.

8. If you had to get rid of all your NP and could only keep 5 bottles, which ones would you choose? (It has to NP you already own)

Wow, Hard question! Hmmm...
China Glaze "Ruby Pumps"
China Glaze "For Audrey"
China Glaze "Caribbean Temptation""
China Glaze "Millennium"
China Glaze "LOL"
Wow, that was super hard!

9. Do you Franken your own NP?

Yup! I'd say about half the time it comes out good! I'm not yet a franken master!

10. What is your favorite brand of NP and why?

China Glaze because their color and finish variety is so vast. And their formula is consistently good.

11. What is the best NP advice/tip/trick you have ever gotten?

To not polish all the way to the cuticles, leave a gap. That has made such a HUGE difference in now "polished" (no pun intended) my manicure looks.

12. Where do you live? (City and or State)

I live in the Mountains about 20 minutes away from Harrisonburg, Virginia, in the Shenandoah Valley. This time of year is my favorite around here. The leaves are incredible!

13. What do you do for a living?

I am the Office Manager for a Locally owned Wireless Internet Service Provider. My Husband and I also own our own business, building Hot Rods and Race cars (drag racing, not Nascar), so I'm also Business Manager of that as well.

14. Do you have a significant other and/or any kids?

I've been Very happily married for 3 1/2 years now. Seems longer, but in a good way! We don't have any kids yet, life has been just one thing after another since we got married, but it's finally started to slow down a bit, so soon maybe.

15. What other hobbies do you have?

My Husband and I are Powerlifters, so we train a few hours a day 3 to 5 days a week. I also love building engines, and will be starting on the engine for my 1963 Fairlane here before long! I love cooking, playing with makeup, jewelry making, playing with our various animals, and reading too!
And there's nothing better than a weekend motorcycle ride to just relax!

16. What is your favorite food?

Hmmm, another hard one! I LOVE food! My family is Italian, so loving food is in my DNA! I'd have to say my Mom's Lasagna. You seriously don't wanna know how much this thing weighs! It's ridiculous!
Cheese in general would be a close second!

17. What is your best memory?

Really any memory involving being in the kitchen with my Mom and Grandmother!

18. What is your best and worst quality?

Worst...I can get overwhelmed sometimes, with just bills, and the negative all around me, and can get depressed, and have a hard time seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.
Best...No matter how bad my day is I make a conscious effort not to take it out on others, and to be smiling and cheerful, no matter what. It isn't anyone's fault I'm having a bad day, so why be snotty, all that does is make me feel worse and make someone else feel bad too.

19. If you could spend a day with anyone, who would it be and why?

I'd love to have another day with my mother-in-law. There's so many things I wish I could have asked her before she passed away.

20. What is something about you that most people don’t
know?


I may not look it, but I Bench Press over 205lbs!

16 comments:

MightyLambchop said...

Love her picture, she is so pretty!
Thanks for this, Brooke. I love getting to know everybody better!

KONADomania said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KONADomania said...

Wow, great post, love it<3 She's so lovely, and also thanks for mentioning me:)

Deez Nailz - Canadas most fabulous hand model said...

Oh my gosh - what a cool chick!

Brooke said...

MIGHTYLAMBSHOP - Isn't she? I do too :)

KONADOMANIA - I just thought to add links to the two blogs that she listed! So there is a link now to your name in the post :)

Brooke said...

DEEZ - Isn't she? I just knew she would be perfect for this, she has so many other interesting things going on with her.

Kae said...

She is gorgeous! Not to mention very interesting, thanks for another good getting to know!

Stiletto said...

oh my goodness! you guys are just so sweet!

{{{HUGE HUGS TO YOU ALL}}}

And thank you Brooke, for giving me this awesome opportunity! You're seriously the best!

Brooke said...

POWER - With guns like that, do you ever give out small hugs? hehheeh :)

Stiletto said...

LOL sometimes!
be thankful I didn't send you a different pic, the guns look way bigger in the other pic, LOL
Even Rob was like "MAN! look at your bi's!"
LOL

Unknown said...

ITA Christy is awesome and I love her blog. Christy you can power lift me anytime, though I guess I'd be just a bit light for you! lol

Stiletto said...

EvilAngel,
You can be a warm-up set!
:)

awesomevegan said...

This was very interesting and I would love to read more features about other bloggers :)

Lucy said...

Hooray you picked an awesome chick to feature for this post. Yes she is gorgeous and built like crazy! She is also very interesting and has a fantastic blog. I really enjoy reading her and looking at all the photos. She has amazing Konading skills. Your still the Queen Konad Woman Brooke! Another thing that's nice is that she takes the time to answer your comments. Even if it's a thank you. I get tired of commenting on some blogs and never getting a response. It does go both ways. Even if it's a general I'm tired or super busy. Okay, thanks for doing your series again. That jewelry is amazing that her husband made her. How nice to have some original pieces. My father used to tease me about my long earrings and said he could give me some spark plugs. I should've taken him up on it!

clockwork said...

Super interesting interview and wow she's adorable!

Anonymous said...

The perfect advice for everybody should be to comprehend a website that allows you to take with a accommodating and flourishing community. There are many weight lifting sites with people all over the world arriving unitedly for one shared intention, to become a healthier and healthier looking you. The right action will execute a athlete who is sure about what to do and what is healthy Weight lifters are e'er learning and wondering about a new medicine out there that can modify their execution. Many people experience there are places all over the net studying and talking about these things. A weight lifting place is the best place to be in a harmless environment and instruct all about types of lifting supplements because one wrong supplement could alter you. From competitions to more serious risks and even hurt your body beyond repair. Acquire more about Deca

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org