Tuesday, September 22, 2009

OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE COSMETICS

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics is a fairly new brand of nail polish - to me anyway. So I was really excited to give them a try. I was sent 6 shades and the ranged from soft and pale to bright and in your face. They currently have 20 nail polish colors to choose from on their website and they sell for $8.00 each. Let's take a look at them:

HUSH
A very pale, soft color. The website describes this as pink, but I think it is more of a band-aid color.



UBER
The flash picture is more color accurate, as it is a lighter brown color. Very pretty and shiny!



RHYTHM BOX
A hot pinkish/purple shade. I guess it could fall under the term "berry". Like Uber, this one was really glossy.




WASABI
This was the one I most excited about, since it was the brightest. Plus I just love the name! This one did take 3 good coats to become opaque, but totally worth it.


TRAFFIC
A super bright yellow. I was surprised at how opaque this one was, as yellows are notorious for needing several coats. This was done in just two, but I did add another coat just to really define the color. Super glossy too.


SPANGLEMAKER
A silver, foil color. This is one of the best silver foils I have used. You can tell in the flash pic just how foily the effect of this one is.

All in all, I really liked all of these colors. I love how glossy almost off of these were. My only complaint has to be the brushes, they seemed inferior to the great quality of the polish formula. They weren't bent or anything like that, they just seemed a little too long and a little to thin. That said, I still think this is great, upcoming nail polish brand worth checking out. You can order from their website RIGHT HERE.

9 comments:

Paige said...

Great swatches! I like Wasabi the best!

Rai said...

Hi Brooke! =D

I really like these. The last one, not so much.

Brooke said...

GILDED - Me too!!

RAI - Thanks :0 Been wondering where you have been :)

Velvet said...

It's always nice to see new brands of polish. Some great colors there too.

Nicole said...

I've loved a lot of the swatches I've seen, I really want to try Swamp Thing and - is it Blackboard or Chalkboard? Haha, that green one. ;) These are all pretty cool, but I have to say I LOVE Wasabi - hands down my favorite! I thought it would be, the color on the site is cool too.

Jamie D. said...

I love Wasabi too - think they've got a winner there. The silver is pretty too.

Lucy said...

They are all so shiny and purty! Wasabi is for me! That silver looks like aluminium on your nails. Fantastic looking brand. Your nails look gorgeous in these shiny colors.

ndoodles said...

I enjoy the lime and the pink ones the most!

MightyLambchop said...

Ooh! I want Spanglemaker. I love silvers! Wasabi is hot, yo. Looks very nice on you too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org