Monday, November 16, 2009

DIAMOND COSMETICS - HOLIDAY COLLECTION '09

I finally swatched the Diamond Cosmetics09 Holiday Collection. Lets take a look at the colors.

RUBIES & DIAMONDS
This was my favorite color of the bunch. The finish of this color and Diamond's Diamonds are the same. They both have that flat, flaky type glitter to them. Rubies has a slight goldish tint to it as well. I think this is a very Christmasey red and I really liked it.





BLUE DIAMONDS
My second fave of the collection. This is a really bright blue with small to medium amount of holo glitter sprinkled through out. This is not a holographic polish, just a polish with holo glitter. I really liked the brightness of the blue. At first you might not think this is a holiday color, but it did remind me of an icy blue, so definitely I think it belongs in this collection.





AMETHYST & DIAMONDS
This is the same type finish as Blue Diamonds, with holo glitter. This color I liked, but I wish for me personally it was just a hair darker. This sort of fell into a spring type color for me since it was a light purple. I also didn't really see if fitting a tradition Christmas or winter color, so it sort of stuck out in that way. However, as far as the names of the collection, it fit right in since Amethyst is a gem.





DIAMOND'S DIAMONDS
This is full of small, flat flaky, shimmery white pieces of glitter, I guess you call it. This reminded me of sugar, like I had a thin layer of sugared icing on my nails. I didn't like this on it's own since I am not a fan of sheers, but layered I can really see myself liking this color.




I liked this collection as a whole and love that DC is really listening to what we nail polish fanatics want. And while the holo is not just chock full in these polishes, they are available for $2. The flat flaky glitter is really shimmery and festive, and I really like the way it looks on my nails.

I still don't have a release date for this collection yet, but as soon as I find out I will let you all know. When this collection does become available you can purchase them direct from Diamond Cosmetics website.

6 comments:

Paige said...

These are really pretty, I like them!

Sasha said...

Thanks for the swatches! I'll be ordering the red and purples as well as Chainmail Charm as soon as these are available.

Lumin0us said...

I like them all!!^^

polishedlyrics said...

Beautiful! Thank you for the swatches! I can't wait till I can get these.

paintedladyfingers said...

Hi Brooke! The red is beautiful on you. The collection is up on the site right now. They have them listed singly way at the bottom of the page with the color swatches.

Lucy said...

I'm not in love with any of them. They are all pretty but I'm going to skip them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org