Monday, November 17, 2008

SWIRL NAILS

I rec'd a great request for me to try out some swirl nail art from my fellow blogger Katee from e-polishblog. I tried this out Friday night, and was pretty impressed with the results. I was really trying to get pictures up Sat., but we had some unexpected guests this weekend, so I just waited until Monday morning.

It was fairly easy to do, the technique took a couple of nails for me to get down. I kept mixing the colors instead of swirling them. You can find the tutorial for how to do the swirl nail art here. I tried out two different "sets" of colors on each hand.


For the first set of colors I used all Color Club nail polishes in Limelight (neon green), Power Play (pink) & Screamin Fuchsia (neon pink). I then used one coat of China Glaze - Fairy Dust, a great glitter polish. I thought after I added the Fairy Dust that it made my nails look like sand art! You know the sand art where you picked out a bottle and then added layers of different colored sand in the bottle, well that what it reminded me of.


OUTSIDE:
INSIDE:
THE COLORS I USED:

For the other hand I used Zoya - Delilah (red glitter), Love My Nails - Black Rage (black creme) & Black Radiance - Tease (gold shimmer). These colors didn't seem to swirl as well. It might have been in part because of the black. This black is so watery and clear, it isn't a very good black at all. Also the Black Radiance tends to be a little on the watery side and usually takes at least two coats to get to opaque. However, I was still pleased with the results. I used one coat of China Glaze - Golden Enchantment, which is the gold version of Fairy Dust.


OUTSIDE:

INSIDE:
THE COLORS I USED:

Katee - Thanks for the request. I had alot of fun doing this! I would love to hear if anyone tries this out for them selves and see any pictures you take of it.
If anyone else has any request I would love to hear them and try them out - so please send them my way!

4 comments:

Ms. Katee/e-polishblog said...

That looks freaking awesome!!!

Brooke said...

KATEE - Thx for the link!

Anonymous said...

I like it very much, sadly i keep my nails short so i can't try it. It looks gorgeous.

Brooke said...

OLGA - Thank you very much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org