Tuesday, November 25, 2008

NAIL VENUS MAGAZINE

Nail Venus magazine is one of many Japanese magazines dedicated to nail art. These magazines are literally page after page of nails and nail art. I finally found a site where I can view these magazines in full, but I can't embed any of the images from them on here, so I will just have to provide the links. These were just a couple of the nails that really stood out to me.



The first link is a page that has REAL diamonds on this lady's tips! I don't know if that is really what you are buying (it is in another language) or if they are referring to diamond "strength", but it sure looks like the diamonds are for your nails! Either way what girl wouldn't like this? Can you imagine having money like that??



This next link is just some purple nails that I really liked and I might try to imitate the look for you guys later. The nails on the page I am referring to are the large image nails on the left side of the page.


The third link I have is for some plaid nails. What really impressed me about these is that the magazine shows you how to make the plaid design. I never would have thought that this plaid design was done by hand. The directions make it seem fairly simple, however I don't know how simple it would be doing it on your own hands. I might give this plaid design a shot in the near future though. It kind of looks Christmasey to me!


The last link I have for you is totally not nail related. I was shocked though when I saw this ad. From what I can tell it is for a diet "item" of some sort. They have before, during and after pics of two girls, and I don't know if it is just me, but the after pics these girls look way to skinny! There is so much space in between their little thighs and their little knobby knees just look so sad. I don't know if that is the popular look over there, but it seems even more drastic than the standards that Hollywood has, and I thought that was pretty extreme.



I would love to hear what you guys think about the links that I put up. What do you think about the plaid nails, do you think it is something you might try? Love to hear from you guys, it makes a blog so much more interesting :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, there are some funky nails over here in Japan. I like the plaid a lot! An acrylic set here will run about $80 US, so getting your nails done is a big deal and gals want their money's worth!

Those girls look terrible. The last ad you posted promises "Lose 27 kg (like 60 lbs.) in two months! I mean, those girls were pretty skinny to begin with. But the Japanese guys are equally skinny as well. I'm 5'3" and around 100 lbs, which is considered "medium" sized here. The Japanese are small, but the pressure to be thin here is pretty extreme- because even the smallest amount of fat makes you really stand out here. And the teasing is vicious- under the polite exterior, the Japanese can be devestating.

But all that aside, the nails are always interesting!

Brooke said...

NEVERTOOMUCHGLITTER - Thanks for the info. I thought when I saw the picture those girls seemed so skinny to me, but I knew most Japanese people are pretty small. That's just crazy to me!

Bárbara said...

I loved your comment, i had already seen some jap magazines and they nails are awesome, eventho some are rather excentric, still very cool!

WHere did you get this links from? I'll follow your blog!

Greets^^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org