Wednesday, October 15, 2008

HALLOWEEN GOODIES

Halloween is almost upon us and I can't wait. This is my favorite holiday of them all. I just love everything about it. It is so fun to decorate and to dress up in costumes, and don't get me started on the candy. Are any of you Halloween fans? What is your favorite thing about Halloween?


I woke up at about 4am and couldn't go back to sleep. I finally gave up at about 5 and thought I would at least do a little Halloween nail art. So here it is . . .
To achieve this look I used Sally Hansen Black Orchid. I found this a little difficult to use. It tended to want to do a little dragging at the cuticle line, but it really is a nice color of black. It has a small amount of shimmer to it. I used Color Club Orange Revenge for the tips. It is a neon orange color, the second picture pretty much captures the true color of it. Then I used little foil, glitter dots and applied them along the line while the orange was still wet. As an after thought, I should have let the black and orange dry and then apply a thin line of clear top coat to the line and then added the foil glitter dots. I say this because when I had to use my left hand to decorate the right I had a few dots land further down in the orange than what I wanted and I couldn't get them out without messing up my look. These really have some holo bling to them when the light hits them. I didn't capture it accurately in the picture, but believe me they shine.


I think they turned out pretty cute for some 5am nail art. :)


----------------------------------------------------------

*SIDE NOTE: The picture up top is of my pumpkin I decorated, isn't it cute?! It is really a pretty cool pumpkin. You can't tell from the picture, but the pumpkin is a white-ish blue color. It is really short and squatty and boy is it heavy for it's size!! I got the little stick in decorations from an ABC catalog a few years ago. I think his little paws look like he is ready to fight, lol.

4 comments:

Ms. Katee/e-polishblog said...

Cute - Love the halloween look!!

Brooke said...

KATEE - Hey!!!! My first comment!!! lol, Thank you for the love. I checked out your blog too, I see you are just starting out like me. Good luck and I will check out your site on a regular.

Jamila said...

Thanks for stopping by! Did you take your tips off? Your mani is too cute. Are you on MUA? MM is on my swap list.

Ms. Katee/e-polishblog said...

Thanks for the add! I am going to be checking you out too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org