Thursday, December 18, 2008

WEDDING & HOLIDAY BELLS???

Most of you read that my sister was engaged this past Saturday night. Great, only she is trying to plan a wedding in 2 weeks time in order to have it on New Years Eve. Not only that I was selected as the Maid of Honor - and I have no clue what it is that I am supposed to do!! I don't normally do this girly stuff. Last night we went and got our dresses. After 15 dresses and 1 1/2 hours, I went and looked around the shop and found one I thought was perfect. She tried it on and said "This is the one!". So I guess I at least accomplished one of my jobs as the made of honor. Her main color is red ( like a true red, Christmas type red) with accent colors of black and silver.

She let us girls in the wedding pick any dress we wanted, they just had to be the same color. This is the dress I picked out and I love it! And my shoes are to die for, but I forgot to snap a pic of them, shoot!

Anyway, she has asked that I do her nails and come up with a cool design. She had suggested red, with silver or black tips. What do you guys think? Any good ideas to give me? I was thinking paint black tips and then go over the entire nail with China Glaze - Ruby Pumps. That way the tip would still be dark, but not over powering dark. I was also going to get some of that silver stripping tape. I was thinking it might kind of look like these nails that I did (just look at the nail tip area, her whole nail will be covered in the red polish, just with a darker red tip):

Anyway, needless to say this is a very hectic time for me so the blogs will be coming oh so slow until after the new year. I'm even thinking I might have to take that week after Christmas off, just so I can help her out with all she needs!

10 comments:

Ms. Katee/e-polishblog said...

Craziness!! Wow you are going to be busy :) Have fun with all of the wedding craziness girl. I like your idea for her nails.

xoxo,
Katee

Brooke said...

KATEE- Crazy doesn't even describe it! And I was so proud of myself too because I thought this Christmas I wasn't going to be rushed - ha ha ha! lol

Anonymous said...

I like the dresses very much, the red one is gorgeous.

For the nails you could do a red tip french with either silver or gold details.

Or you could do a french but put in some nail art like snowflakes with a bit of silver glitter.

Anonymous said...

Cinful nails might be a good source of inspiration for your sister's nails.

Brooke said...

OLGA - Thanks for the ideas, I need all the help I can get!

SUSAN - Thanks so much for reading and checking out my blog! I love comments, so thanks for leaving me one.

Anonymous said...

The dress is beautiful but I think the nails should be neutral. (I'm a HUGE fan of color crazy nails).

You don't want to take anything away from the dress and your sister. There's going to be lots of pictures of her, her dress, her ring, her bouquet and you don't want nail art to distract from this.

Brooke said...

TAMMI P - I agree, but it is HER that was wanting the crazy nails....go figure. I'm trying to tone it down a little bit - lol!

Anonymous said...

LOL. Good luck with finding a design. Definitely go to cynfulnails... You can get some good ideas from her site.

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I don't know you, obviously lol, but I was looking for nail art design ideas for my wedding, and you're not going to believe this...but I'm getting married this June (2009)and my colors are red, black and silver, I picked out a different wedding dress but my bridesmaids are wearing the dress you picked...its called Apple (the color)...how weird is that???
It was just too strange to not add my comment...lol

Brooke said...

CHELSEA - LOL! That is quite a co-inky-dink! Good luck with your wedding :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org