Wednesday, June 30, 2010

CHG - VINTAGE VIXEN COLLECTION PT. 2

Ok, here are the final 6 polishes from China Glazes Vintage Vixen collection. I believe this collection is set to be released in early July. Again, some really amazing colors! The formula was spot on as usual for China Glaze, most requiring only 2 coats for full coverage. Let's take a look:






Gorgeous bronzy shimmery brown! Wow, my Mom is going to love this color, she is a huge brown nail polish fan. I'm not a huge brown fan but this won me over, really pretty.







WOWZA! A beautiful red with small gold glitter. I got a close up pic of the bottle so you could see the gold glitter better. What is so cool about this is that the gold glitter accentuates the polish and doesn't take it over, so you get this glinting of gold with out it shouting hey! I'm glitter!!






Jitterbug is another of those cool foily looking polishes. This one was a little thinner and did require three coats instead of the 2 that most of the others only needed. This looks so icy!






I really liked this one (ok, how many times have I said that with this collection?). I love the rose gold color of this. This has that same foily goodness going on and required three coats too.






Tried to get as color accurate of pictures as I could of this one. This one I was just kind of so so about. I wish this would have had that cool foily look to it. It does have some blue glitter sprinkled through out that glints and looks awesome.






Another one I was a little "meh" on. I really wanted to like this one better, but I just didn't. I can't put my finger on it, but it just seems like it needs a little something more to it. This had the slight foily thing going on, but not to the extent that some of the others had, maybe that's what is missing. Still a very pretty color, but one I would label as a "mature" color.


My thoughts on this collection as a whole is that it is just awesome. Collections like this is what makes China Glaze my favorite brand of them all. While I can't say that every color is a must have, at least for me, at least 3/4ths of the collection IS A MUST! Some unique colors and finishes paired with China Glazes great quality is a WIN in my book!

7 comments:

OH MY POLISH! said...

wow, I absolutely LOVE almost all them!! beautiful! can't wait until their released!

Megan Harmeyer said...

LOVE Riveter Rouge and First Class Ticket. The other ones...they're just a maybe to me. Thanks for sharing!

NAILSTAH said...

Great swatches Brooke!!! =D

Susie said...

Such pretties. Especially the 2nd one.
I'm not sure who has or hasn't entered BUT I'm having a brand new giveaway on my blog.
http://susies1955.blogspot.com/2010/06/enter-my-kiss-giveaway.html
Susie

Libby's Pink Vanity said...

Oh, hell ya, it's a MUST!!! I can't wait to get my grubby lil hands on these...ALL of 'em!

Great job swatching. :)

Gejba said...

I must be sick - non of those shades really appeals to me. *shocked*
Thx for great swatches.

Lucy said...

I'm ordering the complete collection. Just gorgeous. I also love those "foily" shades.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org