Friday, August 28, 2009

NUBAR - SWATCHES ON HOLD

So I get off work early and I'm home an hour and a half earlier than usual. Bright sun shine all around me. What a great opportunity for me to swatch the new, awesome Nubar - Royal Gems collection. I got one color swatched and wouldn't you know that rain clouds came in and ruined my swatching opportunity! DRATS! We are supposed to have some really nice weather this weekend, so I hope to have lots of swatches for you come next week!


I will show you the one that I did get swatched though - 24K:

I had some shade shots of 24K, but for some reason they wouldn't upload on my computer. This weekend I will be swatching 24K again with the rest of the collection, so I will have pics up then. The above picture, I used three coats of 24K.




This is with Tiara added. I used one coat.



I was honestly a little leery of 24K in the bottle. I thought it looked way to yellow to be a "true" gold color. Boy was I wrong, once I put it on, it looked just like gold to me. This is really a very nice gold color and it didn't bring the redness out in my fingers which makes finding golds so hard for me. While looking through my pics on my camera, my BF came across this one and commented how good this color looked - so it definitely passed the BF test! Also, it lookes like it has a rough finish with Tiara on the top, but it doesn't, it is a smooth finish.
So stay tuned for the swatches for the whole Nubar - Royal Gems collection coming soon!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wooo! I love this! I really want this collection, because that top coat seems to transform all the colors into new colors!

Brooke said...

BEAUTYJUDY - I know, I was so excited about finally getting to swatch them and then BOOM, rain clouds!!

Mary said...

Oh I love that! So sparkly and pretty. I think that's a fantastic gold and love the top coat.

Brooke said...

MARY - It really is a pretty gold! I just love the topcoat too! I wonder what it would look like matte??? lol

Paige said...

I love it with the sparkly top coat!

Lucy said...

This is really a nice gold. I like that. Very pretty on you. I knew you couldn't leave it alone! I love the glitter coat. Your nails look so gorgeous. Flashy!!

Pink Ginger said...

I love a nice gold!This one looks great on you and I love the glitter :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This policy is valid from 07 December 2009


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact getchanailsdid@yahoo.com.


This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.

This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.


To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org